Stupendous Films & GoDigital Films presents #STUCK a new romantic comedy that hits theatres this Friday, October 10, 2014. This is NOT your typical romantic comedy kids this is a fun, provocative and hilariously realistic look at what happens when Guy meets Girl, Guy sleeps with Girl and then Guy and Girl are literally forced to get to know each other in a way that anyone who has ever driven in LA will appreciate.
The film is directed and penned by Stuart Acher and also marks his narrative feature film debut. Starring Joel David Moore (ABC’s new hit show “Forever”, AVATAR, DODGEBALL) and Madeline Zima (“Californication”) #STUCK is a romantic comedy that follows a hot one-night stand that turns into an awkward morning after when they get stuck in a dead-stopped traffic jam. As they begrudgingly get know each other, their sexually raucous evening is revealed which leads them to their surprising destiny.
Here are my top 5 reasons you must see this film:
- This is an independent film and while most Indies don’t get prime real estate at the theatres director Stuart Acher decided to change that. Instead of using popular crowd sourcing websites like Kickstarter or Indiegogo archer created his own web-based crowd-funding platform to bring the finished film to theatres. It is called GetStuckInTheatres.com. There were even prizes distributed for various levels of contribution, including a reward for Harvey Weinstein’s real 2013 Directors Guild of America Award that was being held ransom. They raised more then $140,000. Acher said “Where normally indie films like ours couldn’t compete against big studios for the limited theatrical real estate, thanks to the support of our audience, #STUCK will be coming to a theater near you.” This news is not only great to hear but proves that when people want to see a film they will pay to see it succeed. Remember a little film called VERONICA MARS!
- David Joel Moore – As an audience we have been able to check him out in great films like AVATAR, DODGEBALL: A TRUE UNDERDOG STORY & HATCHET and you can now check him out in the new hit ABC series FOREVER but to see him play the “is he or isn’t he” the jerk in #STUCK is wonderful. Moore has the ability to show his acting chops in this one for sure, seeing as most of the film is shot in the two front seats of his car. In 2012 Moore won a Special Jury Award Prize for Best Actor at the Napa Valley Film Festival and in 2013 for #STUCK where the film received the Best of the Fest and Audience Award at Sun Valley Film Festival.
- Madeline Zima – you may remember her as the little girl from the 90’s TV show THE NANNY but if you are not a fan of CALIFORNICATION than you are completely missing out. Zima took on the role of Mia Lewis, half angel and half femme fatale and did she ever nail it. I am still in complete shock that I do not see her in more films she has the versatility to be a heavy hitter in the industry and can’t wait to see her do more.
- If you have ever sat in a traffic jam, had road rage, had a one-night stand (of course none of us have done this one) or ever been in an awkward situation with someone you have slept with in the past, you will enjoy the realness and amazing one-liners in this film.
- If you, like me, are completely bored with these big budget, over the top, completely un-relatable romantic comedies that just set every relationship in the world up for failure than #STUCK is for you! Let’s be real here, most RomCom’s set every woman on the planetup for that super pretty happily ever after and let’s face it real life isn’t always pretty, this film is an up close and personal reminder of that. If you like those fairy tale type movies, you will still get a good laugh, but this is definitely no CINDERELLA story, unless of course Cinderella had a one night stand with that prince before she left on that pumpkin-carriage.
As a lover of Indie films I can most certainly put my stamp of approval on this one. Make sure and check back this weekend for my EXCLUSIVE interviews with Stuart Acher and Joel David Moore.
#STUCK will open in New York at the Village East Cinema and in Los Angeles at the Los Feliz 3 as well as several other major market cities. At the same time it will be available on DirectTV, Charter, Verizon Fios, Att Uverse, Itunes, Google Play, Vudu, Xbox, Playstation, Amazon instant and Youtube Movies. For more information, please visit the #STUCK website, Facebook Page, or Follow them on twitter.